March 2022 Prayer RequestsMarch 6, 2022
May 2022 Prayer RequestsMay 4, 2022
Prayers for Easter which is days away, and for charge conference, and more. Read the concerns this month…
Our hearts and prayers are with our brothers and sisters in Ukraine. Let us continue to pray for an end to this terrible war, for rescue and aid to reach those in need, for wisdom for the leaders of the countries and the cities, and for safety and provision for the millions of refugees. Please pray for churches and our church members who are helping the refugees who have reached Estonia.
We are grateful to God for the pastors’ gathering that took place on March 18-19 and in spite of the current situation, we had a special time of encouragement, prayer, and learning together.
Please pray for this season of charge conferences in different congregations, that this would be an encouraging and fruitful time for the Methodist churches in Estonia.
We would also like to ask for your prayers for the coming Easter season, that we would be able to reach out with the message of salvation and hope to as many people as possible.
Thank you for your prayers!
This time of war in Ukraine is serious and our hearts are heavy.
Here are some prayer requests from our Seminary students.
- There is war in my homeland, this keeps me up at night. I am worried about my family. They are in a “safe” zone, but what place is safe during the war? My primary prayer is for my family: mother, father, and brother to repent and seek salvation.
- The thing that keeps me up at night is the potential for war here in Estonia. Please pray the war ends, Estonia stays safe, and we don’t need to leave the land we love.
- My biggest prayer request is that war in my homeland would end and the truth would be revealed.
- Pray that I would be spiritually ready to go through these times. It is not easy right now, it is probably going to be even more difficult. I need God to guide me through. Many thanks!
- Pray that I could finish my studies. There is much reading. Wisdom to do things well and to focus. Right now every part of me is in pain and I cannot get things done.
On a happier note: studies are going on as normal and Covid-related restrictions are being lifted in Estonia. We are so grateful for that. God is with us.
Of course, our #1 prayer is for peace in Europe – I join with everyone else in this.
Because of my work, I am in the midst of so many communications around the help of Ukraine and support of refugees from Ukraine in different European countries and it takes so much energy and time, and strength. There are many underlying issues and complications in all sorts of directions. Please pray for strength – I am quite exhausted. Please pray for wisdom to navigate the complexities of the situation and coordination of support.
Personally, I am thankful for the opportunity Meeli and I had, to visit our son’s family in March who lives in Luxembourg. It was lovely to be with our grandchildren together.
Thank you for the prayers!
Dear praying friends!
Our prayers are filled with prayers for Ukraine, as well as for Russia, and of course security for the countries that have borders with Russia. That God will protect the lives (especially in East-Ukraine and Kiev)
Till now we do not have many refugees from Ukraine in our area. Thea´s workplace is ready for receiving 40-80 people from Ukraine, but till now there has not come any.
We have been contacting the Võru Ukraine receiving bureau to have more contact and praying to organize an event on Easter, to invite some of the Ukrainian Christians to provide children-program and food. Praying that after two years of missing Easter that it will be a celebration and real power of Jesus Resurrection presence with people gathering.
Prayer for restarting children’s ministry, that dried up during Covid. Youth ministry is going well, and the youth will commit their lives to Jesus and start to invite their friends to church.
Tallinn Lay Person
Pray for refugees from Ukraine, that all administrative and social problems will be resolved. Pray, that war will end soon.
Pray for the safety of Estonia also.
Pray for our new confirmation group, for their spiritual growth, and that all of them will end the course!
Pray for the lighthouse’s financial resources. The state (Government of Estonia), as well as the city of Tallinn, have provided significant funding and access to our building for years. There are many things putting stress on these crucial partners committing to the same level of funding. Partners from across Europe are feeling the same crunch.
Planning for summer camp has started. Please pray that the full summer camp happens as we are planning. This is an important reward for good behavior and hard work with studies.
Thank you for your prayers!
On April 2nd, we are planning to hold a seminar for men, we want to see men as responsible leaders in the church and in society.
On April 6th, we meet with youth leaders, and at the meeting we wish to determine a common direction for the development of youth ministry.
On April 9th, Worship Evening AWE Tallinn.
On April 15th, there will be a service dedicated to Good Friday, many young people will be involved in the service, and we are preparing a performance. Our desire is to immerse the youth and remind them of Christ’s sacrifice.
Also in April, we plan to organize a community workday in the Gideon camp, there is a desire to carry out some repair work in the buildings and on the territory of the camp.
- Pray for Lívia as she teaches her first class for the Seminary, that God would give her wisdom and strength for the preparation process.
- Pray for our students from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus, all of whom are struggling emotionally in different ways. Praise God for a positive and united atmosphere in the Seminary and in the church considering the reality of the war.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and strength in working on student recruitment for the coming school year.