Find February’s prayer requests filled with hope for the new year and celebrations of the last.
Dear Friends of Estonia!
- We thank God for a great prayer week organized by the Estonian Evangelical Alliance in different cities in Estonia. It was a great time of unity and prayer for the spiritual revival of our country.
- We had a great youth event on the 26th of January where young people from different congregations came together in Pärnu for worship and fellowship. Strengthening the youth work in our congregations is an important priority this year and we want to see new excitement for youth ministry in the Methodist Church of Estonia.
- Please pray for youth leaders training that will take place March 1-2 in Tallinn.
- Please pray for charge conferences this month in Haapsalu and Sillamäe congregations, as well as the visit to Narva congregation.
Image: Robert speaking to Estonian Evangelical Alliance on Prayer Night.
Credit: Robert Tserenkov Facebook page
Theological Seminary President
- Thanksgiving for active and good student body who are good learners.
- Thanksgiving for a new improved heating system at Baltic Mission Center, it is wonderful to work and study in a warm building. Just in time for -25° Celsius winter outside.
- Pray for God to strengthen our faculty, bless the faculty we have and to raise up new.
- It is the season of winter sickness, praying for health and strength.
- Praying for the special session of the General Conference in St. Louis. Please Pray for safe travels for our delegates Taavi Hollman and Tarmo Lilleoja to travel safely and for guidance for the Church.
Tree of Life Church – Võru
Kaupo & Thea Kant
- We have very special praises and news to share! Praise God we were able to buy the house we have been able to live by the miracle last 3.5 years. This is a very special place not far from Võru, in a beautiful pure spot of nature. We have had several retreats, prayers, camps here. It was our dream and now it has come true!
- Praise God, after some years of break we had Alliance prayer-week in Võru again and we felt some real break-throughs. Our city mayor and assistant city mayor were attending and were prayed for!!! In another church, the regional leader was present and was also very touched.
- Please pray because witch-craft is growing in Estonia and it is in Estonian TV. This week and next it is having a tour around Estonia and on Saturday is in Võru. Pray that people will not be trapped and it will stop growing.
- Aldersgate will have Life in a Spirit weekend in Lahti (Feb 8-10), Finland and first-time co-team with Estonian-British and Finnish people will do it – so it starts growing in Finland.
- Kaupo is going with UK_Aldersgate to Barbados for two retreats and mission-project on March 19-30. Aldersgate is also invited to do 2 mini-seminars in Tartu men´s prison – it is the very first experience of this kind – pray that the Lord will guide us including how to do it. And in the end of April in Jõhvi church.
- Couple of years ago the door to Udmurtia was closed, but there is invitation for this summer. May the Lord lead and make a way for the team to go.
- For Thea, there is a job offer as a leader in near-by children’s home. After a time of prayer, she agreed to accept it. There are a lot of needs and brokenness, pray that the Lord will give wisdom and courage to Thea in this new process. Also, wisdom to share the different roles she has in Church that the Kingdom will grow.
Tallinn Congregation Lay Person
- Pray for our small group’s activities. Pray for personal growth in faith, pray that everybody finds the right group.
- Pray for our seniors meeting February 24. This is Estonian Independence Day. You shall pray for our country as well!
- Toomas has health problems, pray for him also, that he shall get well soon.
- We are thankful, that the heating system works in the church and that repairs and upgrades were finished successfully.
Agape Church – Pärnu
I am thankful to God for:
- We had our very first Estonian Methodists youth meeting in Pärnu Agape church on Jan. 26th. It went all well and people came together from Võru, Tallinn, Tartu and some other places. It is great to see how God is working in all of these young people.
- I am especially thankful because I can take my studies almost full time. After many years of struggles, I have no limits from my construction work. They let me be in school very much always. I´ve asked to be away. Now it is 4 months to go and then we will finish that chapter.
Please pray for:
- Wisdom for a well-working schedule. Before the graduation in June, I have many things to do still in school, plus thesis and work every day! I really need a very good schedule now to make the right things at the right time.
Strength and good health for everyone around. It is the season of all kind of viruses and sicknesses. May God keep these hard things away and let churches do good works for his Kingdom.
Generation2 Youth ministry
- On the 8th of February, we are organizing a worship night. Please pray for the spiritual atmosphere, so that we are in the presence of the Kingdom of God.
- February 16 we are having an event for children – Friend’s day. Bless this celebration and us in organizing everything, so that the Holy Spirit touches the hearts of the children.
- During the period from February 24 and 28, we will have children’s winter city camp. Join us in prayer for this time. May God show His love during this time.
- Also, there is one special thing we want to ask you to pray for. On the 25th of January, on the road to the youth winter camp, a car accident happened. The team of four young guys was going to the camp in a church car, the roads are now, due to the weather conditions, very dangerous, and the driver lost control of the road and they went off the road. The car was heavily damaged and cannot be repaired. But merciful is our God! Everyone is absolutely fine. Praise the Lord for His love and mercy to us. And after this situation, as we lost the church car, and our ministry Generation2 is a youth movement, which really needs a car, we ask you to join us in prayer so that God fulfills the need of the church.