Hear are the prayer concerns and requests from leaders of the Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary and the congregations in Estonia.
I would like to wish all of you a Happy New Year! May the Lord fill you with His hope and purpose for this new year.
We are thankful for the Christmas services and special events, which we used to reach out to people who don’t usually come to church.
We thank God for the youth winter camp our Estonian youth team organized over the New Year’s weekend, which touched many young people and gave them a chance to grow in their faith.
The Estonian Evangelical Alliance is organizing a prayer week from the 15th to the 22nd of January, with prayer services all over Estonia. We invite you to join us as we pray for our country and for the spiritual revival in our land.
Thank you for your faithful prayers for us. We wish all of you a blessed year!
Pray that the faculty, staff and students will be reenergized by Christmas break and are able to come back refreshed and ready to finish the fall semester and begin the spring semester.
Pray for faculty as they begin to grade the student’s work.
Pray for the renovation projects which are currently underway at the seminary.
I am grateful for meaningful Christmas in my home church, in our family, and among our children.
I pray for continuing energy and wisdom for my work. In January, we will have a week for vacation and an exciting meeting for migrant and international church leaders in Germany.
I have been serving in Paide for five years. This year we are going to focus on what is a church, why we are the church, why I go to church, and how our church can spread the gospel. We desire to reach the city and serve the people. During the past months, there have been four new people visiting our church. Our prayer is “that we may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death..” Phili 3:10.
We have been meeting with the churches in Järvamaa county for prayer for a year. There have been 8 denominations out of 9 coming together for prayer, and we see it as a miracle. The last one that started participating was the Roman Catholic church, and they are eager to pray and seek God. Let´s pray that we encounter God, his power, and love to go and share the good news with our county!
There are some pictures from the last prayer meeting and our church room, which is almost ready, after the renovation. And one picture from the cooperation with the Theatre of Paide, when people were able to visit our church during the theatrical performance, was an excellent way to represent the church and why I am serving here in Paide.
Happy New Year!
Tallinn Lay Person
Pray for unity in our congregation.
Pray for our leaders, that they will really listen to God before making decisions.
Pray for people who have visited Christmas services that good seeds will grow and bear fruit at the right time.
Pray for people who are sick and for people with problems, both economical and mental.
Pray for peace in Ukraine and in Estonia as well!
The youth work of EMC
• New Year’s camp with 50 participants in Saaremaa just ended. I am very thankful to God for a strong, rapidly growing and developing team. They are dedicated and God-seeking young youth workers. It is such a joy to watch them serve God, youth, and each other. It creates an environment where God can wonderfully move and change the hearts of young people. Once again, it was a camp where both young people and youth workers experienced something new.
• Let’s keep the EMC Youth Team in our prayers – so that the heart remains strong.
• The youth work of our church is expanding. And this is a result of conscious and purposeful teenage work.
EMC Võru, Viitka, Räpina and Ruusmäe districts
• There were quite a few Christmas events across the four congregations. I was not ready for it, but God was. He blessed, equipped, and carried me through.
• The family worship service of the Viitka congregation was very special. Young families who do not usually go to church came together. Let’s pray for the upcoming confirmation course in Viitka. Young adults have expressed their wish to participate.
• The youth work in Võru has rapidly expanded. I am grateful from the bottom of my heart for new youth workers. Let’s pray for wisdom for starting a small group of ages 15 and up.
• We are now used to the rented space for the congregation of Räpina. The people are very eager to attend Bible study classes. The prayer wish continues to be the coming forth of additional workers. As well as the construction of a new building. Lord, help build this new church!
• We went on a small spa trip to Pärnu with the teams of the four congregations. It was a wonderful blessing that God put into the hearts of Tanel and me. And, of course, He also provided us with the finances.
I wish everyone a wonderful new year filled with miracles and heavenly equipment.