February 2019 Prayer RequestsFebruary 6, 2019
Find this month’s prayer requests filled with hope for the new year and celebrations of the last.
From District Superintendent
Dear Friends of Estonia!
Happy New Year! Hope this year will bring a lot of joy and blessings!
- We are thankful to God for all of His blessings in 2018! We are grateful for each congregation, pastor, leader and member of the church! We thank God for friends who have faithfully supported us with their prayers and giving! Such a blessing to be part of the family of God!
- Please pray for all of our pastors and chaplains, that they would start out the new year with fresh strength, fresh fire and vision.
- Please pray for the charge conferences in congregations, that begin already in January.
- Please pray for people, who came to church and heard the Gospel over Christmas holidays that they would come to know the Lord, especially for hundreds of children who heard the Gospel in schools and special events.
- The third week of January is a prayer week in Estonia, organized by the Evangelical Alliance. Please join us in prayer that week for our people and our country. Please pray for spiritual revival, that many people in Estonia would come to Christ and that the body of Christ in Estonia would be united, growing, and bold in preaching the Gospel.
Thank you for your prayers and A Happy New Year!
- Presently, we ask for prayers that the new semester (which starts this week) begins well.
General Board of Global Ministries
- I thank God for having had the opportunity to spend much time with Meeli at home during the last months.
- I thank God for the huge project that I have been working in the last years where now all the different aspects (people, funds, logistics) have come together for the event in August 2019.
- Please pray for the study project that I am working currently at home.
Tree of Life Church – Võru
Kaupo and Thea Kant
- Year 2018 was in some ways stable – not so many events were happening, but other ways it pushed us deeper and taught to do new learnings. Some struggles and some victories.
- Aldersgate ministry grew into Finland and we had good ministry trips to Lithuania and Saaremaa. In both, the focus was to encourage the church to come through from some difficulties. Good things: South-Estonian Bible school, cooperation with Viitka and Räpina church, starting the teenage Bible group, two home groups. Several weddings happened.
Prayers for 2019
- The election in Estonia (March).
- The truth of the Gospel may be shared and proclaimed and understood clearly.
- That new people will be born into the Kingdom of God.
- Food-banc ministry – there has been restructuring and one new couple has joined to it.
- Holy Spirit Seminar in Lahti, Finland (February).
- More hunger and thirst for God.
Estonian Language Pastor in Tallinn
Happy and really blessed New Year! I hope, that your Christmas time was good and peaceful. We are thankful for all prayer requests and blessings of last year.
- Pray for our small groups, that everybody shall grow in faith and knowledge of God.
- Pray for unity in our church and congregation, an also between other confessions. Pray for alliance prayer the week of January 14 -20.
Agape Church – Pärnu
- I feel that 2018 was pretty good and active year for Agape church in general. The good thing is, the congregation is growing and more people want to come to serve God is with us. The membership of the Agape church has not ever been that high, it turned in 2018. Yes, there are also people on the list, we have not met in years and we do not know about them. Again, I am not as much stressed about that now. There will be time to reach them and make sure, what is going on with them.
- Another reason to be thankful to God is the good spiritual atmosphere in the congregation. Youth group and older and children – all of them can be together and everyone has space there. Good thing is, all the different groups care about others and share their time and love with each other.
- What do I feel about 2019? First – I am ready to graduate my studies in Seminary. It is my big goal now and I have already put down some errands in the church and will put some more things off in the spring season when I will work really hard on my thesis. And when my graduation is done, I am going into the ordination process. We have spoken some about this with Robert Tšerenkov. So, this year will bring me a lot of work and hopefully a great celebration too.
- In the congregation, I am not satisfied with our membership. I know, there is much more space for new people coming into the church. I would like to see the congregation´s growth but do not yet know what I or the local congregation has to do. But my prayer and my dream are that the sanctuary must be filled by the people who will worship God together in regular services on Sunday mornings.
- The biggest focus in 2019 needs to be on finances. It will be a work I need to do to teach people about taking care of congregational needs. It is a hard question to talk to people about their incomes. Being a good Christian and doing well with God – it is important to set those things in the right order also.
Generation2 Youth ministry
I would like to express my gratitude, first of all, for participating in our life by constantly supporting us with your prayers and being an important part of the prayer team.
- Please pray for us, as a church, being constantly in God’s will in 2019.
- Also, we ask to pray for the launch of the Alfa courses, as that God brings people to attend those.
- Please support us in the prayers for the winter camp, the administrative part of it, and for the Holy Spirit to change the lives of those participating in this camp.