New Logo for the Estonian Methodist ChurchJanuary 6, 2024
February 2024 Prayer requestsFebruary 8, 2024
Below, find the prayer concerns and requests from leaders of the Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary and the congregations in Estonia.
District Superintendent, EMK
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! As we have entered 2024, I wish all of you a Happy New Year! May this year be full of joy, love and the presence of God!
I would also like to take a moment and thank the co-chairs of the Friends of Estonia Carl and Page Henry for their dedicated work! Also I want to thank Andy Morris for sending out the prayer letters every month! Thank you so much for keeping the information going! And I want to thank all of you for praying for us in Estonia and supporting the different ministries in 2023! We are so humbled and blessed by your love and generosity! Thank you!
We thank God for many wonderful events and church services over the Christmas time where we were able to share the Gospel with people who usually do not come to church. Please pray that many of them would turn to Christ.
Please pray for the charge conferences in our congregations. They will begin mid-January and go till May. Please pray for me as well as I will be doing much travelling visiting congregations.
Please pray for more clergy and coworkers. As the Bible says, there harvest is ready but the laborers are few.
Thank you for your prayers and may the Lord bless you all!
Interim Rector, BMTS
Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary
prayer requests for January
We are grateful to God for:
- Taking good care of our Seminary and providing all necessities of the needs;
- The December study week and the Christmas party for students and staff on Thursday, December 7th; It was great to have fellowship, sharing, meal and gifts!
- The donors who have sent their support. If someone has not yet got the thank you note, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTV9KJx20Y
Please pray for:
- teachers who get ready for the new study week on January 17-20;
- students who have had difficulties for finding jobs to provide for living;
- Külli and Doug and their family;
- team and staff who is responsible for starting to prepare the self-evaluation report of institutional accreditation;
- continuation of radio broadcasts in the Christian Radio introducing and commenting John Wesley`s sermons;
- The Board of Trustees members, who continue to stand for the well-being of our seminary.
Tallinn Lay Person
I wish you a Happy New Year!
Pray for our youth and youth leaders. Pray that all good seeds, that were sowed in winter camp, will grow and bring good fruit.
Pray for our confirmation group, it will start on 14th of January.
Pray for ALPHA group, it will start on the 21st of January. Pray for the participants and also for the team.
Pray for unity and God’s guidance for the whole congregation.
I wish you all the best and a very blessed year of 2024.
I am sending you a little overview of our Winter camp:
It was the fifth time I spent New Year’s Eve at the winter camp with young people. This year, 65 participants took part in the camp. I can earnestly say that what I saw and experienced was the awakening of the youth. Among our teenagers and young people, there is a great thirst for God, Bible reading, and evangelism. 15 young people participated in the evangelism workshop and went to the city of Paide to spread the gospel. Many were encouraged by their feedback. God was able to miraculously deliver young people and serve them in inspiring sermons and prayer tunnels as well as in the evening of praise. Young people’s passion and thirst for God are soul-stirring and touching. The thought that carries me – if we honor God, then God honors our events with his presence. May the new year be full of God’s leading, exalting His name, and mighty miracles that glorify God’s name. My prayer request is that our church will grow bigger, younger, and stronger.
Children’s Lighthouse Director
Greetings from Children Center Lighthouse,
Wishing Everyone A Blessed New Year!
We are grateful to God that during the Christmas holidays, several people and organizations supported the children’s center materially, and thanks to this, the center is no longer in a financial crisis. We ask God for help so that there will be enough resources for the work of the children’s center in the new year.
As of this week, the children’s center will no longer have a boy from the alternative service (mandatory military service alternative) to help, which means that the children’s center will have one less employee. This hard-working young adult has been helpful in cooking, cleaning, and studying with the children, as well as helping with the children’s free time activities. We ask God for wisdom and strength to manage again with a smaller workforce and to find volunteers to help.
A 14-year-old Ukrainian girl who visited the children’s center, who came to Estonia during the war with her aunt and her aunt’s daughter and was a very active visitor of the children’s center, now went on to Germany. The girl left in tears, the children’s center had become like a home for her. We ask you to pray that they will adapt to the new place and that there will be Christians who can be there to support them.
A 12-year-old girl visiting a children’s center was hit by a car in December, suffered a severe concussion, and had headaches for a long time after that. We pray for his speedy recovery from the accident.
Reeküla Church’s prayer requests.
– December is the month where many non-Christians find their way to Church to celebrate Christmas. So we had local visitors in our congregation also. Please pray with us that the Word of God that was preached and the experience they had would bring them back to Church, to God.
– Pastor Hindrek Taavet Taimla has finished his ministry in Reeküla Church now, and since January, I have been serving alone as a pastor in Reeküla Church. We celebrated Christmas and thanked Taavet with our congregation at the end of December. Please pray with us the blessing of God upon Hindrek Taavet, his family, and his studies and ministry wherever God is leading him in this new season in his life.
– We are making plans to start a Youth Alpha Course in Reeküla Church. So please pray with us that God would prepare us and send us local youth for that. Pray that local youth would find God and their spiritual home in our Church.
– We are also working on reaching the local community and people – we have another meeting with locals coming this Saturday evening. Please pray we would find favor in their eyes, pray that God would touch their lives and prepare the Way to Him and to Church for them.
Thank you so much for praying and staying with us! And we pray you will have a blessed year full of God’s grace, love, presence, and guidance in your lives and in your ministry!
With love and gratitude