Friends of Estonia Gathering ReportOctober 6, 2023
Below, find the prayer concerns and requests from leaders of the Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary and the congregations in Estonia.
District Superintendent, EMK
Thank you so much for your prayers for the ministry in Estonia!
We are so grateful to the Lord for the churches that celebrated their anniversaries: the church in Võru turned 29 and the church in Tartu turned 100 years old! May the Lord continue to bless them to be the light of Christ in their communities!
We thank God for the good pastor’s gathering in October where we had time to pray, share, learn, and fellowship with each other.
Please pray for the congregation in Narva that will be receiving a new local church pastor Jaroslav Ivanov. Please pray for the transition to go well and for lots of blessings for Jaroslav and his family as he steps into ministry.
On a personal note, please pray for my son Michael, who had surgery. Please pray for his fast recovery and return to school and other usual activities.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Interim Rector, BMTS
Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary
prayer requests for November.
We are grateful to God for:
- the good and productive team meeting on October 11th, where we were doing preparation for the up-coming accreditation;
- “The Estonian Quality Agency for Education” offers us some deeper training to be better prepared for the accreditation in 2024;
- For J D (John David) Landis, who visited BMTS in early October and preached at the chapel service;
- the next team meeting on November 14th,
- “The Estonian Quality Agency for Education” training seminar for our team on November 28th,
- for the Board of Trustees Development Team members who contact donors in the US in November;
- Külli and Doug and their family;
- For the European Council for Theological Education (ECTE) Board meeting in Tallinn on November 15-17;
Tallinn Lay Person
Pray for our fathers, grandfathers, godfathers…
Pray for all men, that they will take more responsibility in church, at home, and in all society.
Pray for our students.
Pray for our families and for family work in or church.
Kaupo and Thea Kant
Tree of Life Church – Võru
Dear praying friends!
October has been a blessed month – We celebrated Tree of Life’s 29th anniversary and remembered, that 10 years ago started the campaign “Standing on the Word” writing favourite Scriptures to the church’s unfinished floor. This time we would like to take a year of learning the Bible and taking the Word into our hearts to prepare us for the 30th anniversary.
Children’s ministry started the children’s singing group Juhhei – to prepare for the Christmas musical and have 2 big concerts in Tartu and in Tallinn.
Youth ministry is developing and a homegroup is gathering in Liidia´s(she moved to Võru to help in youth ministry) home.
The healing room is meeting now weekly and the Lord is answering the prayers for health, freedom, etc
Praise: our middle son Joel started to come to youth evenings again
Prayers for November:
Big evangelistic healing service in Võru for the area (Nov 15th)
- Juhhei singing camp (Nov 11t)
- Preparing for Christmas
- Youth worship night with healing prayer Nov 26th
- Baptism of Children-home girls, who are attending church
Here are our November prayer requests and updates:
Teenage meetings on Saturdays at 1:00 PM.
Youth gatherings on Sundays at 5:00 PM.
November 12th – Father’s Day celebration.
November 19th – Mission trip to Kohtla-Järve town.
November 25th – Worship night and evangelism seminar with a speaker from Ukraine.
November 26th – First Advent Service.
In November we have Prayers for pastors, their health, and their families.
Children’s Lighthouse Director
We are grateful to God for the meeting on October 25, where members of the board of the children’s center, members of the NGO, and some people who have supported the work of the children’s center for many years, as well as some people who have not been closely connected with the children’s center, came together. At the meeting, good ideas were given on how to improve the work of the children’s center and how to raise money. We ask God to give us the wisdom and strength to realize these ideas.
We are grateful that during the school holidays, we had the opportunity to do activities with the children that we did not get to do during school, including bowling and going to the cinema. We are grateful for the opportunities and finances to be able to go there with the children.
We ask for prayers for teenage girls who have constant quarrels with each other, it is difficult for them to deal with their emotions, and because of this, relationships also suffer, and it takes a lot of energy for the teacher to resolve the constant quarrels.
Please pray for my nephew who was diagnosed with a malignant tumor, unfortunately, he is not a Christian, and although he knows about God, we also pray for the salvation of his soul.
I also ask you to pray for a family of Ukrainian war refugees with many children, one of the children (14 years old) started using drugs and constantly ran away from home, and there are also problems with the other children.
Estonian Language Youth and Räpina
South Estonia Parish
- I am very grateful to God for all of my dear American friends who serve and pray with heartfelt dedication. I had the opportunity to meet several of you in Marietta at the Friends of Estonia gathering. It was a special blessing for me.
- There has been a spiritual revival in all three congregations. This is a great blessing.
- Let’s pray that God would send more co-workers. We celebrated the 29th anniversary of the Võru congregation. We are thankful for the families who have joined the congregation and for the dedicated workers who are committed to serving.
- Viitka had a significant workday. We raked together 50 bags (200 liters) of leaves. This work is usually done by Aita alone. A group of young people from the EMC Tallinn Russian congregation came to help at Viitka. We had done a lot of work both inside and outside the church.
- November is very busy. We have several extra prayer and worship evenings. We are starting new Bible study sessions for young adults. Let’s pray for God to grant us wisdom and success.
- Let us continue to pray for the continuation of the construction work on the Räpina congregation’s new building. With God, all things are possible!
- In November I am investing in potential new congregation members in all three congregations. Let us keep new people and candidates for baptism in our prayers.
EMC Youth Committee
- At the end of October, two training sessions for young leaders took place in the Estonian Methodist Church. We thank God for the development and growth of both Estonian and Russian-speaking youth leaders!
- Young people are still participating in a 9-month-long youth leader training program. Naatan Hollman is leading this training, where a new video with homework is released every other week. The young people are very committed.
- In November, there is a worker appreciation event coming up. Let’s pray that it would be heart-touching and a blessing.
- We are already planning the New Year’s Camp. We need God’s guidance, a team, and young participants for this.
In God’s grace,