September 2022 Prayer RequestsSeptember 7, 2022
November 2022 Prayer RequestsNovember 10, 2022
Hear are the prayer concerns and requests from leaders of the Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary and the congregations in Estonia.
Thank you so much for your prayers for the Methodist church in Estonia! We are grateful to all of you for your love and prayers!
Please pray for the pastor’s gathering on October 21-22. May this be a great fellowship and encouragement for our clergy.
Please pray for the fall break youth events at the end of October.
Please pray for the economic situation in Estonia. The high rates of inflation and rising prices for gas and electricity are challenging for many people, churches, and ministries.
Please pray for the war in Ukraine to stop and for stability and peace in the whole region.
May the Lord bless us all in these complicated times!
I’m jumping in to help out with the Seminary’s prayer requests for this month.
Pray for our students as they begin and/or continue their studies.
Pray for the faculty, staff, the students of the seminary, and nation of Estonia and other surrounding nations who are experiencing inflation related to energy costs related to the war.
Pray especially for students who are from Ukraine and others who are in some way directly affected by the war. May they be able to focus on their studies and other areas of life and not be overwhelmed by things that they cannot control.
Pray for our rector, Külli Tõniste, as she returns from a mental health break after burnout.
Autumn has been very intense both in the work of the congregation and in youth work. Let us pray for continuity and a new passion for youth gatherings. Joint cooperation with the management of 4 churches is developing rapidly. We are grateful to God for new helpers and progress. The old building of the Räpina church was bought. Since we can’t move into a new one yet, we need a rental space. The people in Räpina need stability and God’s peace during this difficult time. I need the wisdom to make the right decisions at the right time. We really want to start working with children. Tanel has men and youth work in his heart. May God give us all courage, wisdom, and open doors.
Before prayer requests, here is an update on Paide and recent events. I got married at the beginning of June! It is a joy to share my life and ideas with someone thinking alike. The whole summer I and my husband have trimmed and shaped our church garden. The renovation of the church is still on- the painting is getting almost done, and we are waiting for the floor tiles to arrive. We hope to finish everything for Christmas.
- The old ladies in my church need our prayers, especially Rita, who is basically learning to walk again.
- To have a clear vision from God how to move on.
- Pray for our revival prayer meetings which happen every second Sunday in different churches in Järvamaa. We need protection and desire to see God moving in our midst.
I am so grateful for another session of the Institute for Multicultural Ministry in early September in Germany – the program that brought together multicultural leaders from across Europe. This has become my most important ministry currently. It went very well.
Also, I am thankful to God for the meeting of the European Commission on Mission recently in Stockholm. Mission board leaders from across Europe were together to share and discuss together matters related to our mission work in many places of the world.
Another reason to thank God is that during the last weeks, I have been able to refresh my relationships with both Russian and Ukrainian UMC leaders.
In October, there are several trips ahead in my work. I ask God’s mercy for travels, but also for all the contacts and conversations. I wish to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands to build His Kingdom, to encourage and support.
- Fellowship with leaders of Võru-Ruusmäe-Räpina-Viitka, and new strength for ministry
- Youth ministry – discipleship with youth
- Võru church anniversary this Sunday
- Prayer clinic in Võru- (has ministered with fruits seven years, but now the intercessors are tired and some have moved away – wisdom to continue) God has healed and restored several people, one family doctor came to pray for her clients and good progress happened
- Aldersgate – ministry during youth growth camp – teaching to serve in Holy Spirit 28-30.10
- New vision to do evangelism
- A restart of children-ministry and new workers for that
- Peace in Baltics, mercy for Ukraina, security for borders
Tallinn Lay Person
Pray for our pastors and their families. Pray that they will be safe and for their health and, of course, that Spirit will be really close.
Pray for our music work and leaders. Pray for inspiration from God and real praise.
Pray that all decisions and new things will really follow God’s will!
- First, I am very thankful for every prayer! Your prayers are very important support for Estonian Methodists and every local church in the ministry! Thank God for so many brothers and sisters in the USA praying with Estonians.
- I am very thankful to God, and many friends for my very first visit to the USA went all well. Me and Joosep Kunder (who is a youth leader in Agape Church in Pärnu) had a very good visit to Asbury church in Tulsa, OK. Thank God it all worked out easily for us, and we got to see many things very differently from what we had experienced before our travels.
- Please pray for me and Agape church that we could reach out to more people. People who already are in the church but also people who we have not met yet. Please pray for the church, can make the area wider, and there will be more people in that circle we can communicate regularly.
I also add some pictures below.
We thank God that since September already second girl, who is visiting us in Children’s Centre, is now an assistant teacher in Sunday School (Tallinn Russian-speaking congregation). Our hearts are full of gratitude when we see the sown seed beginning to sprout.
We’re thankful that children are back in the Children’s Center after summer vacation and have successfully started a new school year.
We would like to ask you to keep praying for the Children’s Centre building. We do not own the building, it needs repairs, and energy costs to heat it during the winter are very high. We’re still facing uncertainty with the building, should we stay in the current building or need to find a new one?
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!
Hello, dear friends! Thank God for September, God blessed our beginning of the new season.
We started Sunday school, teenage and youth meetings, the course “Fundamentals of Faith,” and the new season of home groups. Please pray for the continuation of these ministries. We have found an opportunity to buy ear monitors for the worship team. There is still a need for a photo camera for the media team.
In October, we also will have Ukrainian meetings twice a week. Praying for refugees and for peace in Ukraine. 9 October, we will have Harvest service.
Thank you for your prayers and support. Blessings!