January 2022 Prayer RequestsJanuary 5, 2022
March 2022 Prayer RequestsMarch 6, 2022
We ask for prayers in Feburary for calm, heath, and healing over multiple concerns in Estonia.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us in Estonia! It is wonderful to have friends who pray for us.
First of all, we would like you to pray for the de-escalation of the tension in Russia, Ukraine, and NATO relations. Let us pray together, that there would be no war between Russia and Ukraine and there would be peace in the entire region. Let us pray against fear and worry.
Please also pray for the COVID situation in Estonia. The infection rate is at an all-time high, but we are glad that hospitalization numbers are low and that gives hope that perhaps the worst of the pandemic is over and soon no restrictions will be necessary. But in the meantime, there are quite a lot of our pastors, their family members, or church members who have gotten sick. Please pray for their physical healing and emotional strength this cold and dark winter season.
Please continue to pray for our dear brother Olav Parnamets who is recovering from a stroke. Just before Christmas, he was able to come home after more than three months in the hospital. But he is still weak and needs to regain the movement of his arm and a leg, so please continue to pray for his healing.
On February 24th Estonia will be celebrating its independence day. We are thankful to God for our country and for all the blessings that we have seen. But let us pray also for a spiritual revival, that people would turn their hearts to God, find the forgiveness of sins, and a new life in Christ. The Methodist Church was born as a revival movement. We need a revival again.
Pray for faculty, staff and students. In the seminary, it is in the middle of the usual end-of-semester tests and exams. We pray for students to be able to focus on their goals in the middle of many distractions and concerns. Pray for our uniquely diverse student body to be united in love and that all feel supported.
It has been a very stressful New Year due to sickness, stress caused by significantly higher than usual electric and heating bills, and anxiety about the situation related to Russia and Ukraine. Please pray for the general mental strength and endurance of our people as well as for God’s peace to govern our hearts.
Continue to pray for the Estonian government’s decision regarding the accreditation of the school. The seminary received a preliminary report by an international committee which was very encouraging. We are so grateful that there were many improvements made and the committee saw us managing well despite the pandemic. We now await the final decision.
Praise God that 100% of our trustees not only serve on the board but also support the seminary financially. We are thankful for their total commitment to assisting The Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary to be all it can be for the glory of God. We send our greetings to all Friends of Estonia, thank you for your prayers.
I am so deeply thankful to God for the wonderful Winter Camp with Youth.
As the camp was full of challenges, it showed how strong and cohesive our team is. We experienced both fights and victories.
God built both the team and the participants. We have a great team to serve young people all over Estonia.
Let’s pray that God will build youth teams in local churches. Many workers are sick, including our family. We ask for God’s healing presence.
Our desire is to contribute strong youth work in local churches. We need God’s wisdom and guidance.
I am grateful for our amazing EMC youth team, I love to see their great dedication and passion for our youth.
I thank God for the grace I have experienced in many ways.
As I am responsible for GBGM missionaries in Europe, I am asking for your prayers for the missionary who has just arrived in Italy, to begin her ministry there, and for another missionary who is still working on her visa to Spain. Also, right now I am working on another new missionary placement in Eastern Europe, and I invite you to pray with me for discernment and the right decisions.
Thank you for your support in prayer!
Our number one prayer is for peace in the world. The current situation makes us worry very much and tensions are also among Christians. Also, the current situation with Covid is rising and the situation is confusing.
As well the financial situation and rising of cost – it influences many people very painfully.
Please pray, as we plan to start youth Alpha in Võru church on February 2nd! Pray that the youth will come and become a community in Christ.
Tallinn Lay Person
Pray for people who have problems with electricity and heating bills.
Pray for our leaders, that they will decide to act wisely in a crisis.
Pray for our music work in the church. That all of them will praise the Lord wholeheartedly!
Pray for our teenagers and children, that they will grow in faith. And the whole congregation also!
- First, thank you everyone for all the prayers. It is very important support for people, and our families, and churches in Estonia.
- Please pray for Agape church, in Pärnu. I see the communication difficulties between people. There are several reasons why it is difficult for people. Some personal stories from past, the long Covid-19 situation, and various fears. Please pray that people will be ready to talk in person and find the solutions for better communications in the congregation.
- Please keep praying for new groups in Agape church. Here are a couple of new beginnings from 2021 and it needs more prayers to keep them going. Also, I ask for the prayers of more groups that can start in 2022. Hopefully, it can cover some of the difficulties about the communications too.
- Planning for summer camps has started. Pray that we can have this wonderful reward for the children.
- We give thanks for growing relationships with our donors and volunteers both in Estonia and far away.
- Utilities and other costs are going up and are more than our normal budget. Pray that we might get some relief and our needs can be met.
Due to the rapid spread of the virus among children, we have temporarily canceled Sunday school classes, pray for divine protection for teachers and children.
From February 4 to February 6, we are planning a trip for adult youth, support in prayer so that the trip will bring blessing to all participants.
On February 5 and February 23 we are planning a trip to the city of Kunda to serve teenagers and youth there, pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the team, and for the spirit of repentance for teenagers.
In mid-February there will be an Awe Tallinn worship evening, pray for a prophetic manifestation of God so that the youth do not live in ignorance of God’s will for their lives.
God bless you.
- Livia has been told she needs a minor surgical procedure at the beginning of March. Please pray that God would provide healing so that it would not be necessary but that if God wants her to go through the procedure, that it would go well and that she would experience His peace.
- Livia would also like prayer for professional decisions she needs to make that impact the quality of her ministry.
- Pray for God’s guidance for developing and implementing an effective teaching strategy for the congregations.
- Pray that God would provide the financial support needed for the work of His Kingdom, during the difficult situation in which we are in.
Mark and Livia share more frequent prayer requests in their own newsletter. Sign up Here.